Aadhaar is one of the most important forms of identification in India. Adopting a user-centric approach to the Aadhaar programme, the Government of India has invested in multiple ways for residents to get an Aadhaar ID. You can avail of Aadhaar services offered by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) anywhere in the country as per your convenience by either visiting an Aadhaar Seva Kendra in person or logging into the mAadhaar mobile app or myAadhaar portal online.
Let’s have a look at how you can easily access your Aadhaar and various Aadhaar-related services on your mobile using the mAadhaar app and how you can use the app to update your demographic information when you apply for a business loan.
What is an Aadhaar ID?
Aadhaar is a 12-digit numerical ID issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) to the residents of India. Your Aadhaar card includes demographic information such as your name, address, phone number, date of birth, photo, and permanent address. You can easily access and update some of your Aadhaar information through the myAadhar portal or the mAadhaar mobile app.
Learn how to update your Aadhaar information and download eAadhaar using the myAadhaar portal.
What is the mAadhaar mobile app?
mAadhaar is the official mobile application developed by the UIDAI. It is available on Google Play Store and App Store. You need to be enrolled in the Aadhaar programme to use the mAadhaar app. To register or log into your account on the app, you will require your mobile number registered with Aadhaar.
However, if you do not have an Aadhaar ID yet, you will need to visit an Aadhaar Enrolment Centre to enrol in the Aadhaar programme first.
Why would I need to use the mAadhaar app if I apply for a business loan?
When you apply for a business loan, you must submit a few supporting documents with your business loan application which the lender uses to verify and validate your information. Sometimes, the information on your documents may not match. This could be because one of the documents is outdated, or there was a typographical error from the start. Such an information mismatch may cause a delay in your application processing or even cause the lender to reject your loan application.
Our advice as credit experts is to cross-check all your documents before submitting them. If there’s an error on your Aadhaar, or you catch a mismatch like you’re now married, and your Aadhaar still has your old name on it while your bank account statements have your new name, you can use the mAadhaar app or the myAadhaar portal to update this demographic information easily!
Through the mAadhaar app, correcting your name will take less than 2 minutes, and you can immediately download a PDF copy of your updated eAadhaar to submit to the lender while you wait for your updated physical Aadhaar to arrive in the mail.
What documents do I need when I apply for a business loan?
How do I register on the mAadhaar app to access and update my Aadhaar information when I apply for a business loan?
Here are the steps to register on the mAadhaar app:
Step 1: Download the application to your mobile device. It is available on both Android and iOS.
Step 2: Give the app the necessary permissions.
Step 3: You will be redirected to a slideshow with instructions on using the app. Click on “Get Started” at the bottom of the page of the end slide.
Step 4: A consent form will appear. Read it thoroughly and click on “I Consent” at the bottom right corner of the screen.
Step 5: Now select your preferred language to operate the application. At present, the app supports 13 regional languages, including Bangla, Assamese, Gujarati, Kannada and Marathi. Select your preferred language and click on “Continue”.
Step 6: Now enter the mobile number registered with your Aadhaar. An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number.
Step 7: Enter the OTP, and the services dashboard will open.
Step 8: Now click on the “Register my Aadhaar” option at the top of the dashboard.
Step 9: The app will prompt you to create a 4-digit pin. You will require this pin whenever you choose to use mAadhaar services, so don’t forget it.
Step 10: Now enter your Aadhar number and the displayed captcha. Then click on “Send OTP”. An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number.
Step 11: Enter the valid OTP and click on ‘Submit’.
You’ve successfully registered your Aadhaar number on the mAadhar app!
What are the features of the mAadhaar app?
You will only have access to all the functionalities of the mAadhaar app if you already have an Aadhaar and you’ve already registered it on the app. However, if aren’t registered on the app, you can still use some features like locating an Aadhaar Enrolment Centre, scanning a QR code, verifying Aadhaar etc.
Below are the features available for you to use once you register on the mAadhaar app:
1. Get Aadhaar Services:
- Download eAadhaar: Download a PDF copy of your eAadhaar, a recognized government document.
- Retrieve EID: Retrieve the Enrolment ID (EID) associated with your Aadhaar card. You can use your Aadhaar EID to make changes or update information in your Aadhaar. It can also be used to retrieve your Aadhaar number.
- Order Aadhaar PVC Card: You can order a PVC card version of your Aadhaar card, and it will be delivered at your registered address and will cost you Rs. 50/- including postage.
2. Aadhaar Services:
- Verify an Aadhaar Number to check if the Aadhaar number exists.
- Verify Email/Mobile registered with Aadhaar.
- Generate a Virtual ID associated with your Aadhaar.
- Aadhaar QR Code Scanner: You can use this option to scan the QR code of any Aadhaar to download a PDF copy of it.
- Generate Aadhaar QR Code: You can use this option to generate the QR code associated with your Aadhaar. You can scan this code using the mAadhaar QR code scanner to download a digital version of your Aadhaar ID.
- Request paperless Offline e-KYC: You can use this option to request an offline e-KYC of your Aadhaar. When you submit a request for an offline Aadhaar e-KYC, a digitally signed and secure shareable document of the Aadhaar holder is used for verification.
3. Check Request Status:
- Check Aadhaar status: Check the status of your Aadhaar after enrolling yourself in the Aadhaar programme.
- Check Aadhaar update status: Check the status of any changes or updates you have requested in your Aadhaar.
- Validation letter status: Request a letter from UIDAI that is sent to your registered address, to verify that the address is registered with Aadhaar.
- Reprint request status: When you first enrol into the Aadhaar programme, a physical copy of your Aadhaar ID is sent to your registered address with an Aadhaar letter. If you lose or misplace your Aadhaar ID, you can order a reprint for Rs. 50/-.
- Aadhaar-Bank account link status: Check the status of linking your bank account with your Aadhaar. You can link your Aadhaar with your bank account through internet banking or by visiting your bank’s nearest ATM.
When you apply for a business loan, your Aadhaar ID and PAN card are KYC documents the lenders need to verify your identity.
At CreditEnable, we partner with 25+ leading Indian lenders and have a thorough understanding of their policies and document requirements. To make your business loan experience hassle-free and stress-free, we tell you upfront what documents you will need to submit. Once you share all those documents with us, we methodically review them to ensure there is no information mismatch anywhere. Once your application is complete, our award-winning algorithms match you with a lender partner and send them your request for credit.
Submitting reviewed and up to date documents to the lender reduces your business loan turnaround time and helps you get your money on time.
Apply for a business loan with CreditEnable
Business Loans. Enabled Simply.