You have completed the CreditEnable survey and passed the loan eligibility check. Congratulations! You are one step closer to getting your business the funds it needs to grow!
The next step in completing your application package is uploading scanned copies of your individual and business KYC documents onto the CreditEnable Documents Portal so that we can send your complete application to a lender partner that matches your business needs.
Scanning your documents is not complicated and having digital copies of business documents makes your life easier.
Remember these tips when scanning your documents for CreditEnable and lenders:
- Scan the entire document, not just a part of it
- There should be no corners or information cut off
- The scan should be of a good quality that can be read easily
- Scan all relevant pages or sides (front and back where required)
- When possible, scan the document in colour instead of black and white
To make the document upload process easy for you, we recommend you have all your documents digitized before you start uploading them to the portal. That way, you don’t have to keep switching between the scan app and your business loan application.
You can find a full list of documents required here. The document requirements vary depending on the loan size requested and the type of business you own.
Let’s learn how to scan documents.
With a Scanner
If you have a scanner connected to your desktop or laptop, you can use the in-built software on your computer to create digital copies of the documents.
Here is how to scan a document on Windows:
How to scan a document on Apple Mac:
With your Smartphone
You can also use free apps on your smartphone (Android or iPhone) to scan documents:
- Google Drive: How to scan documents with Google Drive
- There are many free Android and iPhone apps like QuickScan: (iPhone) and Document Scanner (Android) that you can use to scan documents
- Using the built-in Notes app on an iPhone or iPad:
- Open Notes and select an existing note or create a new one.
- Tap the Camera icon on the bottom of your screen to start scanning a document in Notes, then select the “Scan Documents” icon.
- Place your document in view of the camera.
- If your device is in Auto mode (see top right corner of your screen), your document will automatically scan.
- If you need to manually capture a scan, tap the Shutter button (white circle on your screen) to scan the document.
- Then drag the corners to adjust to fit the page, then tap “Keep Scan”.
- Tap “Save” if you don’t have any more pages to scan or repeat the entire process mentioned above to add additional pages to the document.
- Once you have saved your document, you can share it via WhatsApp or add it to your Google Drive for easy access.
At a Print and Copy Shop
If you don’t have easy access to a scanner or a smartphone, you can also take your documents to your nearest print and copy shop, and they will be able to scan your documents for you and email them to you or save them onto a USB drive for you.
Remember, as these documents contain sensitive personal and business information, store these digital documents in a safe place and do not share them with someone you do not know or trust.
Once you have your documents scanned and in order, you’re one step closer to getting your business loan! The next step is making sure you have PDF e-Statements for all bank accounts you use to make business transactions. Lenders require these bank statements to see how healthy your business cash inflow and outflow is and to also determine whether you maintain a certain minimum balance in your accounts to be able to repay the loan they may give you.
Don’t know how to get your e-Statements online? Learn how to access them here.
Once you have your Individual and Business KYC documents and other business documents scanned, and your bank account e-Statement PDFs downloaded, you are ready to upload them to the CreditEnable Document Portal!
We’ve made the document upload process extremely simple. You can follow the steps here to upload your documents and complete your application package!
Zero Hassle. Zero Fees.
Business Loans. Enabled Simply.